- Appearance: Song of India plant features long, arching, lance-shaped leaves that are glossy and variegated. The leaves have a striking color pattern, typically green with yellow or cream-colored stripes, making this plant visually appealing and decorative.
- Size: When grown indoors, the Song of India can reach a height of 3 to 6 feet (90 to 180 cm), creating a tall and elegant presence in your indoor space.
- To keep your Song of India plant healthy and maintain its vibrant foliage, you can use a balanced, liquid houseplant fertilizer.
- During the growing season (spring and summer), dilute the fertilizer to half strength and apply it every 4-6 weeks.
- Watering: Allow the top inch (2.5 cm) of the soil to dry out before watering. Water thoroughly but avoid letting the plant sit in standing water.
- Soil: Use a well-draining, peat-based potting mix to ensure proper drainage and moisture retention.
- Pot with drainage: Choose a pot with drainage holes to prevent overwatering and promote proper drainage.
- Saucer: Place a saucer under the pot to catch excess water and protect your surfaces.
- Pruning shears or scissors: Regularly trim dead or yellowing leaves to encourage healthy growth and maintain the plant’s appearance.